XXX __________ Avenue

_________, Australia (Zip Code[ivl1] )

27 February 2009

 

 Biotechnology Masters Coordinator, and Master of Science - Research (Biotechnology) Approval Committee

 

Wollongong, New South Wales

Australia 2522

 

Dear and Master of Science - Research (Biotechnology) Approval Committee[ivl2] ,

 

A graduate of , my name is . I attended  in 2004 and finished the course in August 2008. During my study, I was able develop my competence and expertise through lab-based subjects such as applied biotechnology, molecular biology, genetics, biology, tissue culture, human genetics, microbiology, immunology, cell biology, plant biotechnology, and protein biotechnology.

 

In applying the knowledge and skills I have acquired from the University, I pursue my training on  . King Abdullah Hospital has a reputation of strict protocol and standards when it comes experiential teaching and learning. My specialization were real time PCR lab , DNA Sequencing lab , gene scanning lab, master mix preparation lab, electrophoresis lab, microbiology lab and Promatic lab.

 

With my laboratory-based educational background, I want to express my intent to further advance my expertise and competence through pursuing my Masters degree in . I am planning to take up Master of Science – Research (Biotechnology). I am hopeful that I can start my Masters degree by July 2009.

 

In lieu with this, I am relating to you that I purport to explore my knowledge on regenerative medicine. I have a growing interest in researching about the insulin-producing pancreatic islets. It is of my best belief that the regeneration of pancreatic islets in the body or even grown in the laboratory and implanted could contribute in the creation of potential cure for diabetes mellitus. It is a common knowledge that Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes has no definitive cure to date.

 

I chose because I feel that the University will give me the chance to learn and to provide me with the opportunity to produce evidenced-based  research. My time spent on   convinced me that I can build on the skills I already learned and contribute to addressing one of the social health threats of today which is diabetes.

 

In my research paper, I will argue that there is a necessity to address how and why the transplanted insulin-producing pancreatic islets lost their ability to function over time. It is a common knowledge that islet transplants proved to be effective for at least two-years for insulin-dependents. There are evidences that diabetics reaped the benefits of islet transplantation on the basis of reduced need for insulin, improved blood glucose control and reduced risks of episodes of severe hypoglycemia. After that period, however, there are evidences also that the benefits of islet transplants are not for long-term and that insulin-dependence is becoming more cyclical after the transplant. The maintenance of the capability of the transplanted pancreatic islets is being in question here. To support my argument, I am planning to conduct my research in the laboratories of the University.

 

This research will impact me in several ways. For instance, I am well aware that there are 330, 070 diabetics in Jordan alone; it is expected that the statistics will still increase in the following years. Through my advanced studies in regenerative engineering and islet transplant per se, I may able to build my confidence in producing better health outcomes. It is my goal influence research in diabetes and other related biotechnology topics and this project will allow me the time to focus on reaching that goal.

 

I am also aware about the ethical issues relating to human experiments. Since I am determined in planning the course and graduating in two years time, I will uphold ethical practices in my research and adhere to University protocols at all time.

 

Sincerely,

 

[ivl3] ____________________

 

 

 

 

 [ivl1]Your address in  here.

 [ivl2]I am not sure about the name of the committee.

 [ivl3]Your signature in here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top