LIFE IS A STRUGGLE

 

      It as much as I remembered it was 1969, it seems to me that life has always been full of struggle and misery and life itself is a struggle, you may ask why? this is my story. My father then was a businessman he was rich and popular he use to be the Sheriff in Colorado while my mother is the owner of one of the best restaurant in town, when I was born we use to occupy the biggest house in Texas Colorado County and people seem to care every now and then. We get all the compliments from neighbors for being the most successful family in town later on we have achieved a bigger wealth through my father’s discourse from the wealthiest man in town Sir Laurence Emerson given us more than $ 5 million dollar a Mercedes Benz and an opportunity to travel all around the world in exchange for a deal only both of them could understand.

      While I was only 12 years old then and I was their only begotten son I have all the luxury I could ever imagine. My mother seems to be even more successful for the recognition coming from her business. Everything is quite right while still I continue to gain all the luxury I ever wanted for quite a while. A year after my father’s soul took flight in a heart failure when he realized that the biggest house we owned has been destroyed by ravaging fire that nobody knows for when it came nobody can tell all we knew is that it was lost and nothing is left but dust including all the wealth and the possession that he has established was later sequestered by the government because of the false accusation and documents that my father had acquired everything in illegal means.

      Only the business of my mother and I was left that we decided to live there while she continues to weaken because of the death of my father until she can no longer stand the pain that she kept in her heart pain we have long suffered. Her debt slowly grows bigger until he died in hopelessness and struggle and brokenness in a year or so. I being the only begotten has no place to live for I didn’t know how to handle such possession and the only thing I know is that it was owned by their manager who forsaken for a time to take all of my wealth that’s left in its legal entity, I was only 14 then and I didn’t know where to go and for quite a time I was held by some relatives but treated me differently like before, a drifter to clean their roof in winter but glaze of snow struck me and I fall on their roof that makes my eyes blurry for a time.

      They even ask me to treat their visitors like a servant till my body could no longer understand the simplicity of their conviction of who am I? The compliments and images that my parents have once built has also put to shame by my neighbors in my name that we are a family of criminals till my soul could no longer resist the persuasion of their words that I decided to left Texas and begin my Journey anywhere in Colorado and for a time take a chance in Denver and anywhere else I can go at the of 16 using my blurry eyes. For being a renaissance man nobody would notice me and therefore freedom is achieved. Sometimes I remembered and sometimes I understand that I was once the son of one of the richest man in Colorado and who cares if I look savage and wild for I never taken a bath for quite sometimes in fact I never had my any clothes when I left Texas but who are you to judge me for my attitude?

      Yes! I was once rich, I held a thousand dollars in my pocket at the age of five, I use to ride a Mercedes Benz with my family and wear all the best clothes made of animals in Africa and Caribbean I also visited England and see their queen at the age of 12 but you just got to believe me. For today you just got to give me some food because I’m hungry, I don’t know long it has been maybe 20 years or 25 the only thing I remembered is that 1969 when I was 12 I have everything I ever had but I know it was all gone.

      It seems to me that life is a struggle, the largest house we used to occupy is a 12 room house we had 4 chamber maids, 3 house servants and a driver who stole our Mercedes Benz and has been gone for a time but everything has turned to dust. I beg you to give me some food to eat or some water to drink for my eyes can’t see. I know I’m a beggar now and the only richest I ever had is my life and this misery but I am going to tell about my past and I the only begotten son and our richest we have acquired when I was young. You just got to give me some food, for my life is a struggle.       

             

Interesting News


Credit:ivythesis.typepad.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top