1) What type of power does your colleague appear to be using?

            My colleague appears to be using coercive power on me to make me feel bad about the whole situation.

 

2) What type of influence could you possibly use to gain his co-operation?

In order for me to gain his cooperation, I would settle for the bargaining power.

 

3) If you were involved in a situation like this, what could you do to resolve it successfully yet ethically?

 

            One of the ways is to create a sense of obligation. Allowing him/her to recognize that friendship carries with it certain obligations, from there, we both can then develop friendship with each other.

Another way I could use would be for me to try and foster with my colleague’s unconscious identification with them or with the ideas which they believe in. This is because when a person finds a leader or a friend both consciously and more importantly, unconsciously an ideal person, the more he or she will defer to that person.

All in all, power and influence are integral components of social interaction which gives life in an organization. The vantage point is to try to understand the organizational behaviour, the politics of it.

 

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top